PS5 Specs Revealed
Earlier today Playstation held a live online presentation finally giving us (a somewhat drawn out) glimpse into the processing power of the upcoming PS5 console.
The presentation itself was a bit lackluster and seemed to go on forever while we waited for the actual info we were watching for, tech specs.
Well here they are…
(courtesy of blog.eu.playstation.com)
- x86-64-AMD Ryzen™ “Zen 2”
- 8 Cores / 16 Threads
- Variable frequency, up to 3.5 GHz
- AMD Radeon™ RDNA 2-based graphics engine
- Ray Tracing Acceleration
- Variable frequency, up to 2.23 GHz (10.3 TFLOPS)
- GDDR6 16GB
- 448GB/s Bandwidth
- 5.5GB/s Read Bandwidth (Raw)
PS5 Game Disc
- Ultra HD Blu-ray™, up to 100GB/disc
- Support of 4K 120Hz TVs, 8K TVs, VRR (specified by HDMI ver.2.1)
- “Tempest” 3D AudioTech
Apart from these specs, Sony still haven’t delivered on providing design, pricing or release time frames – So we’ll have to wait and see.
For more info on today’s presentation visit blog.eu.playstation.com