Sony introduce DualSense to the world
While we are waiting for a glimpse of the PS5 design, Sony decided that we needed to see the controller first. This morning they introduced DualSense, the ‘next gen’ controller for the PS5.
When you look how the Playstation controller has evolved over the years, it has always kept a very similar style & shape. It’s one of the things that Playstation gamers love.
However the DualSense is different. New look, new curves and new technology – It will be interesting to see how it feels to hold.
Apart from the look, what’s changed with DualSense?
- Traditional rumble feedback replaced with haptic for more immersive gameplay.
- ‘Share button replaced with a ‘Create’ button, enabling new ways for players to create content to share with others.
- Adaptive triggers in the L2 and R2 buttons.
- Built-in microphone array to enable players to be able to chat with friends without a headset.
- Lightbar now either side of touchpad.
- USB-C port for charging and connectivity.
“DualSense marks a radical departure from our previous controller offerings and captures just how strongly we feel about making a generational leap with PS5. The new controller, along with the many innovative features in PS5, will be transformative for games – continuing our mission at PlayStation to push the boundaries of play, now and in the future. To the PlayStation community, I truly want to thank you for sharing this exciting journey with us as we head toward PS5’s launch in Holiday 2020. We look forward to sharing more information about PS5, including the console design, in the coming months.”Jim Ryan, President & CEO, Sony Interactive Entertainment
For more info visit www.playstation.com